Success has always been a part of the Weg Motors history, which is why we
at Manufacturers Distributor, Inc. are proud to be an authorized distributor
of Weg Electric Motors. As one of the world's largest electric motor
manufacturers, Weg specializes in branches such as command and protection, speed variation, industrial process automation, power generation and distribution and industrial paints and varnishes.
FC 200 Cast Iron:
– This is Explosion Proof quality cast iron (higher density), thus stronger with more efficiency and lower vibration levels.
STATOR CASTING FRAME:
– Uni-body construction - Greater strength and no “Hot Spots”
– Oversize Cast Iron Terminal Box on most lines fitted with O-Ring rubber sealing gaskets and filled with resistant sponge-like material to seal the lead path through the frame and Rotatable by 90º turns.
– 4140 High Tensile Steel on Frame 404T and up (IV, VI and VII pole).
– 1045 Carbon Steel on frames 143T to 365T
– 316 Stainless Steel on Jet Pump motors (TEFC and ODP)
– Best Quality Bearings (SKF, NSK)
– Enlarged grease cavities and double strength bearings retainer caps.
– All frames ESSO/EXXON POLYREX EM - blue color and is a polyurea based grease
(achieved a lubrication life of more than 700 hours at 177ºC (350ºF)). Other special greases available upon request.
DESIGN TEMP. RISE:
– 80ºC (Class “B”) temperature rise
– Class “H” Resin for all motors.
– Resin continuous flow (trickle) on all windings-364T and up.
– Class F (155ºC) Insulation System Tropicalized windings
DEGREE OF PROTECTION TEFC (IP55):
– IP55 (Severe Duty) (Water projected by a nozzle against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effect)
– V-ring Seals (prevents water and dust entering the motor around the shaft)
– Tachonite Labryinth Seals on TEFC (Also available)
– Drain Plugs (to remove excess water that results from condensation) – Gasketed conduit box
– 1.25 on NEMA TEFC motors 1HP to 100HP and 1.15 on 125HP and up
– Internal/External parts painted with anti-corrosive alkidic resin base paint
– All hardware components are galvanized
– F1 and F2 mounting (mechanically reversible)
– Horizontal or Vertical mount - Circlips on opposite drive end - frames 324T and up
– Class I, Division II, Group C and D listed on nameplate
Designed for intermittent hazardous environments (except explosion proof)
– Rotating parts dynamically balanced
According to IEC 34.14 (more stringent than NEMA standards)
– Wye Delta starting to reduce inrush current standard for frames 254T and above in most lines.
– Locked Rotor and Breakdown Torques that exceed Design C for almost ALL ratings
(NEMA Design C requires significantly higher LRT and BDT than NEMA Design B, the standard for most all other manufacturers)