WEG’S Cooling Tower - NEMA Premium Efficiency motors meet or exceed all NEMA Premium and CEE requirements
for energy efficiency. Cooling Tower – High Efficiency motors also meet or exceed CEE.
These TEFC motors are built according to NEMA specifications and designed for operation in 100% humidity and
the most corrosive environments. The entire line is certified Inverter Rated for use with a VFD. They are
designed to operate in either horizontal or shaft up position.
As with any other WEG motor, Cooling Tower motors are tested in accordance with IEEE 112, Method B, and their
efficiency values are certified by UL Labs (CSA C390). Cooling Tower motors will meet will meet Design B torques,
maintaining exceedingly high breakdown and locked rotor torque while providing the highest rated efficiency levels.
• Three-phase, IV, VI, IV/VIII and VI/XII pole, 60Hz, 60/50Hz (Single Speed Only)
• Voltage: 208-230/460V, 200V, 460V or 575V
• Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled – TEFC (IP55) water tight and dust tight enclosure
• Space Heaters
• Multiple Endbell Drains for shaft up, down or horizontal mounting
• Automatic drain plugs on T-Box
• Rubber Lead Separator (isolator) between T-Box and Frame
• Joint Seal
• Internally and Externally Epoxy painted
• V-ring slingers on both endshields
• External Slinger (Umbrella Seal)
• Double Sealed - 2RS Ball Bearings (up to 326T)
• 1045 Carbon Steel Shaft for frames up to 365T
• 4140 steel shaft for motors 404T and above. (3600 RPM motors supplied with 1045)
• NEMA dimensions
• Double Impregnation and Bake
• Class ‘F’ insulation for all frames
• Class ‘H’ resin insulation system
• Temperature rise: Class ‘B’ (80ºC)
• NEMA Design ‘B’*
• Most ratings meet Design C Torque
• Service factor: 1.25 up to 100HP, 1.15 from 125HP & up
• Continuous duty (S1)
• NPT threaded terminal box
• F2 mount
• Stainless steel nameplate AISI 316 with laser etching
• MGI Part 31 rating for use with VFD - 1000:1 Variable Torque speed range.
• Special voltages
• Specially designed shaft
• Thermistor, Thermostats or RTD’s (PT100)
• Additional terminal box
• Drip cover (canopy) for shaft down applications
• Cable glands
• ‘C’ and ‘D’ flanges for all ratings
• Labyrinth taconite seal available on all ratings
• Cooling Tower
• Evaporative Condensers
• Chemical plants
• Pulp and paper mills
• Packaging equipment
* Design B torque rating on nameplate can be re-plated for Design C.
All motors are tested according to IEEE 112 Std. - Method ‘B’ or C390 CSA.
Energy efficiency motors verified by UL in addition to the DOE.